Orfit Industries has a wide range of thermoplastic immobilization masks, both for head and neck and for extra cranial immobilization. The complete range of masks can be found on the Orfit website.
The below information is a guideline to help you find the most suitable head and neck mask that fits your needs.
How to choose the most suitable Orfit masks for head and neck?
Step 1: Which kind of base plate do you have in your department?
- Orfit HP base plate: The Orfit HP base plates have slots that accept our L-shaped profiles.
- Push-pin base plate: This base plate is compatible with masks with push-pin profiles.
- S-Type base plate: this base plate accepts the Orfit DUON masks.
- U-Frame base plate: This base plate accepts the Orfit UON masks.
Step 2: Now that you have determined the type of base plate you have in your department,
and the type of profile(s) the mask should have, you can continue your search in a certain mask range:
- Orfit HP base plate: High Precision Masks and Pediatric High Precision Masks
- Push pin base plate: Push Pin Masks and Pediatric Push Pin Masks
- S-Type base plate: DUON Masks
- U-Frame base plate: UON masks
Step 3: Once you have chosen a specific mask type, it is time to determine
if you will need a ‘head’- or a ‘head, neck and shoulder’- mask.
This choice depends on the tumor location.
The High Precision, Push Pin and DUON masks exist both in a head and a head, neck and shoulder version. The UON masks exist only in head version.
Step 4: Finally, you must determine the thermoplastic composition
of the mask based on the treatment technique.
- For standard treatments, such as 2D or a 3D conformal treatment, a single layer mask can be used.
- For treatments that require a higher precision, such as stereotactic treatments, a hybrid mask provides the required higher degree of immobilization and limitation of patient movement.
* When using a patient tracking system, such as VisionRT or C-Rad, or when treating a claustrophobic patient an Open face mask should be used.
Single layer masks are available in the High Precision, Push Pin and DUON and UON range. Hybrid and open face masks are available in the High Precision and Push Pin range.
Detailed information about every type of Orfit mask is available on our website. If you have any further questions, please contact your local Orfit distributor or ask your question in our Orfit Patient Immobilization & Positioning Group on Facebook.