ORFIT CRYSTAL NS
- Transparent material during moulding and at room temperature.
- Non-stick coated material.
- More flexible material than average thermoplastics, which offers comfortable support.
- Slightly higher than average activation temperature (80°C-176°F). Requires a full 5 minutes to become activated.
- Low elastic memory.
- Lightweight material.
- Easy to cut with regular scissors.
- Easy to clean.
How it works and looks
- Allows observation of underlying anatomy while moulding. Easy to detect pressure points. Less noticeable than opaque materials.
- Prevents the material to stick onto bandages or cotton lining. Bonds to itself with dry heat and pressure after removing the coating.
- The flexibility avoids to fully immobilize the patient. The orthosis serves as a call to order to maintain a correct position and prevent dangerous movements.
- Cools down in a few minutes. Orthoses can be finished quickly.
- Small corrections can be made after reheating locally.
- Excellent patient comfort.
- Patterns can be cut with regular scissors without pre-heating!
- Perfect material to fabricate proprioceptive and supportive orthoses, especially when resuming daily life activities during and after the recovery process.
- Specifically recommended to make circumferential orthoses offering a soft and flexible support, for example lightweight sports braces.
- Orthoses to monitor healing wounds and scars. Can be used as a well conforming interface between the burned skin and a hard shell pressure mask.
Visit our Product Information & Education page for instructional videos, upcoming splinting workshops, guides for the fabrication of static and dynamic splints and frequently asked questions.