ORFIT CRYSTAL NS
Orfit Crystal NS is the first low-temperature transparent thermoplastic product on the market. This flexible material offers limited support without fully immobilizing the patient. Use to monitor healing wounds, sensitive skin and scar tissue. Orfit Crystal NS is ideal for creating a soft and comfortable support for a painful joint. Athletes will appreciate its lightness and flexibility.
- Coated, non-stick material
- Low elastic memory
- Flexible material
How it works and looks
- Allows observation of underlying anatomy while molding. Easy to detect pressure points.
- No accidental bonding. Allows for molding directly over bandages and cotton linings in post-surgical conditions. Coating allows for temporary bonding during fabrication
- Small corrections can be made after reheating locally.
- Flexible orthoses can help remind patients to avoid extreme positioning without completely immobilizing their extremity.
- Allows for the fabrication of lightweight and therefore more comfortable orthoses.
- Soft and flexible circumferential orthoses for protection during sporting and activities.
- Transparent orthoses to monitor healing wounds and scars.
- Use as an interface between burned skin and a hard shell pressure mask.
- Create a supportive and/or proprioceptive orthosis for patients when rigidity is no longer required.