Orfitrans® Medium Soft
For improved fitting options and improved outcomes
The perfect material to use for vacuum transtibial and transfemoral sockets.
Orfitrans Medium Soft is a flexible material that is structurally sound and will not cold flow at thinner areas of the flexible interface. The flex modulus is optimized for working with vacuum technologies.
The material will flex inward toward the limb when sitting. It will maintain its shape and the volume does not change or stretch outward. It allows for the change or flattening of the limb when sitting. This ensures that the socket will conform to the change to prevent loss of suspension while maintaining comfort.
Orfitrans Medium Soft does not stick to material.
A low coefficient of friction makes donning easy. The material combines enough rigidity to give control and enough flexibility to allow range of motion. Orfitrans Medium Soft offers a low-cost way to achieve high trim lines and low frame with excellent control.
It is available in a wide range of thicknesses 8 mm, 10 mm, 12 mm and 15 mm.
- Semi-flexible material.
- Tougher than Orfitrans Extra Soft.
- The socket is semi-transparent.
- No risk for excessive pressure or compression.
- The socket material will keep the shape and dimension determined by the mould.
- Negligible stickiness or tackiness.
- Greatly reduced friction.
- Talcum powder can be used but is not required.
- Easy to mould.
- Pulls easily and uniformly.
- Bubble forming.
- Does not absorb oils or moisture, which may cause cold flow issues.
- Orfitrans Medium Soft will not turn yellow quickly as other competitor sockets.
- Aesthetic benefit for the customer.
- EVA based.
- Flexibility gives a very comfortable feeling for the patient.
- Activation time according to thickness.
- Lower activation temperature (150°C) ensures that the socket will pull uniformly.
- Product is available in several thicknesses and sizes.
- Inner sockets.
Technical data sheet
Safety data sheet