Isoforce is a unique outrigger system specifically designed to address stiff proximal interphalangeal (PIP) and interphalangeal (IP) joints. It can be used for the creation of dynamic and static progressive orthoses.
- Application to dorsal hand-based orthoses.
- Maintains constant force transmission and a constant force application angle throughout the complete PIP joint range of motion.
- Maintains a 90 degrees force application angle regardless of changes in joint position.
How it works and looks
- Available in a small, medium, and large size.
- Non-bulky outrigger system.
- Can be used with a dynamic or static progressive force load.
- Makes it easy to adjust the applied force.
- There is no need to adjust the angle of pull as gains are made in joint range of motion.
- Lack of full passive PIP joint extension
- PIP joint flexion contracture
Contraindications to the use of Isoforce, are patients who are still in the acute inflammatory stage after their injury, specific diagnoses that do not allow for tension to be placed on a stiff joint, joint instability, the presence of fibrotic tissue or infection, and unstable fractures.
Learn all about the unique outrigger system in the Isoforce Course on the Orfit Academy.