U-Plast for UON/DUON is made from a specially formulated low melting temperature thermoplastic meant for patient immobilization in radiation oncology applications and it therefore has controlled performance characteristics.
Features and benefits
- Material with high stretch for use in fixed frame masks (UON & DUON).
- Available in different thicknesses.
- Different perforation types for better skin ventilation.
Low activation temperature (65°C – 149°F):
- No risk of skin burning for the user.
- Can be moulded directly on the patient.
- Does not become too soft or stretchy when overheated.
- Can be activated in hot water or oven.
- No special equipment necessary.
- Short cooling time still allowing enough time for a correct moulding.
- Cools down and hardens in a few minutes.
- For easy handling of the fixation mask during the moulding of the mask.
- No risk of accidental bonding to the heating equipment or itself.
- The material can be applied on the skin without moistening or lotioning.
- No need to use silicone spray to prevent sticking.
- When stuck to itself or to accessories, it can be pulled apart easily.
- High comfort for the patient.
- Allows three-dimensional moulding with comfort and ease for both patient and user.
High elastic memory:
- Remouldable: corrections are possible in case of error or changes in the anatomy of the patient.
- Keeps shape and size determined by the user during the moulding process.
- No risk for excessive pressure or compression.
- Low attenuation.