Orfitrans® Medium Soft
The perfect material to use for vacuum transtibial and transfemoral sockets
Orfitrans Medium Soft combines enough rigidity to give control and enough flexibility to allow range of motion. It is structurally sound and will not cold flow at thinner areas of the flexible interface.
The material will maintain its shape and the volume does not change or stretch outward. It allows for the change or flattening of the limb when sitting. This ensures that the socket will conform to the change to prevent loss of suspension while maintaining comfort. It is ideal to use for vacuum transtibial and transfemoral sockets.
Orfitrans Medium Soft does not stick to material. A low coefficient of friction makes donning easy. Orfitrans Medium Soft offers a low-cost way to achieve high trim lines and low frame with excellent control.
Available in thicknesses of 6 mm, 8 mm, 10 mm, 12 mm and 15 mm.
- Semi-flexible material.
- Tougher than Orfitrans Extra Soft.
- The socket in natural colour is semi-transparent.
- No risk for excessive pressure or compression.
- The socket material will keep the shape and dimension determined by the mould.
- Negligible stickiness or tackiness.
- Greatly reduced friction.
- Easy to mould.
- Pulls easily and uniformly.
- Bubble forming.
- Does not absorb oils or moisture, which may cause cold flow issues.
- Orfitrans Medium Soft will not turn yellow as quickly as other competitor sockets.
- Aesthetic benefit for the customer.
- EVA based.
- Flexibility gives a very comfortable feeling for the patient.
- Activation time according to thickness.
- Lower activation temperature (150°C) ensures that the socket will pull uniformly.
- Product is available in beige and natural colour, in several thicknesses and sizes.
- Inner sockets.
Instructions for Use
Orfitrans Activation Poster
Technical data sheet
Safety data sheet